My Life. My Way. Every Day.

My Life. My Way. Every Day.







Sunday, December 11, 2011

What a Weekend!

Wow!!!  That is about all I can say about the weekend I just had!  It all started last weekend with Andy's secret trip out on Sunday afternoon.  I got the "I have to go out for a little bit and you can't come with me and I'm not telling you where I'm going" answer.  Suspicious?  Absolutely.  But with Christmas right around the corner, I just assumed that he had a surprise up his sleeve! 

All week he has been planning a secret date night on Friday night (December 9th).  Andy hasn't planned a secret date night ever.  I was looking forward to it, and had an idea of what we were doing, but I had NO idea what would follow afterward!  We went to a fabulous dinner and then he took me to Tampa to the Straz Center to see "A Christmas Story- The Musical!"  My favorite holiday movie!!!!  I was SUPER excited that this was my surprise for the night (or so I thought!)  After the show he suggested we walk down by the water.  He said that we wouldn't be able to leave anyways because of all the traffic.  I'm pretty sure that I whined that I was wearing 4 inch heels and wouldn't be able to walk very far... but we will forget about that part! 

Before I know it he is down on one knee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Holy Cow!  I was NOT expecting that... but what a wonderful surprise!  Andy presented me with his grandmothers beautiful engagement ring and asked me to marry him!  I am so excited to tell you that we are ENGAGED!!!  I am so honored to be wearing his grandmother's wedding ring on my left hand and my grandmother's wedding ring on my right hand... Family is what life is about, and I am so looking forward to this next chapter of my life with Andrew by my side. 

The rest of the weekend has been spent having fun and celebrating the good news!  Saturday we went to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra preform at the St. Pete Times Forum, and today we spent the day at Disney's Magic Kingdom!  Ahhhh!!!!  Too much fun and fabulousness for one weekend!  I am truly a blessed (and maybe a little bit spoiled!) girl! 

Here's to forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment