My Life. My Way. Every Day.

My Life. My Way. Every Day.







Sunday, November 27, 2011

20 Little Things to Look Forward to this Christmas

Christmas is almost upon us and I am starting to get excited about it!  After the family left Saturday my intentions were to take down all the fall/harvest decorations and begin putting up the Christmas decorations.  Well... that didn't happen. ~sigh~  I have had a (wonderfully) unproductive weekend and head back to work tomorrow for three weeks before Christmas break begins. 

I am parked here on the couch watching Christmas movies and started thinking about all the wonderful things to look forward to this holiday season!  Here is my (short!) list...

1. Christmas Movies- My favorite is "A Christmas Story" and I can't wait to watch it as we decorate the tree this week!

2. Decorating Our House- I absolutely LOVE decorating for Christmas!!!  I will be sure to post some pictures as things begin to get decorated.

3. Taking Andy Home for Christmas- This is the first year we will get to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas morning together!!  I am so excited to have Andrew home with me on Christmas morning!

4. Holiday Crafts- I am loving looking at all the fantastic ideas for crafts in blog world!

5. Christmas Lights- 'Nuff Said!

6. Holiday Bandanas- I love decking out the pups in Christmas gear!  They look so sweet... that is until they throw each other into the dirt pile in the back yard!

7. Christmas Cookie Creamer- YUM!

8. Going to NYC- I am so excited to visit Maile and El this year for a few days!  We are heading up to Philadephia for Andy's family Christmas party and then will be spending two days in NYC!  Carriage rides, ice skating, and a walk through Central Park in the snow (hopefully!)  It's just too much fun!!!!

9. Baking Christmas Cookies- Squirt, Katie, Mom, and I are planning a cookie baking and decorating day a few days before Christmas!  When we get together we laugh until we (almost!) pee in our pants!

10. Presents-  I LOVE GIVING CHRISTMAS PRESENTS!!!! 

11. Wrapping- I could make a career out of wrapping Christmas presents!

12. Shopping- Let's face it... I am always looking for an excuse to shop!

13. Time With My Family- I haven't been home since last Christmas... the longest time I have ever been away from home.  Can't wait to spend some quality time with my family and friends from back home!

14. Skiing- Hopefully there will be enough snow this year!

15. The Road Trip- I know I will complain about all the driving, but for right now I am seriously looking forward to the down time in the car with Andrew!

16. Time Off Work-  Love my job, but love my time off too!

17. Christmas Music- Tunes on the radio always put me in a good mood!

18. Hallie and Mike's New Baby- I can't wait to meet my new little nephew!  I'm gonna smother that little guy with TONS of kisses!

19. Christmas Eve Traditions- Spending Christmas Eve with Aunt Mary and our families is something I look forward to every year!

20. Cold Weather- I'm Ready... bring on the boots!

1 comment: